website statistics

My MAGIC Video Links

Links of the Week

  • WEEKLY HORRORSCOPE
  • WEEKLY MANGA
  • The Best Filipino Magicians

    Search For Other Great Magicians Here

    Google
  • Mga of the Week : August 10, 2010
  • Vocabulary :
  • subterfuge - something intended to misrepresent the true nature of an activity.
  • Quote :
  • Some people never grow old enough to be mature.
  • Thursday, December 01, 2005

    BASKETBALL REALITY

    Today, I have a very bad day playing basketball. I've been playing basketball for quite sometime now but it's only today that I have no synchronization whatsoever on my movements.

    In the first quarter, I already got two personal fouls. These fouls are just very minor. I have to blame the referees on this. This got into my nerve and I almost blew my top out. Good, my coach held me and told me not to tolerate the referees. But they really got into my system. I felt that I was the only one that they are training their eyes on... Coach pulled me out of the playing court because he knew I might be into something.

    In our team, I am labeled as the enforcer. I even got my call sign as Rodman. So just imagine how would I react on situations like these. The referees also knew about my spoils but it's only this game that they really are...*&&$)(*&(*)...

    Second quarter came and again two fouls were listed on the line where my name was listed. I've got no points, no rebounds, no nothing... All I got were fouls. It was very frustrating for me. I want to play a fair game yet these BULL-**^* referees ruined my day. I was benched the remaining eight minutes of the second quarter. It was really a bad day for our team coz one of our centers almost twisted his knees. I was out and then another teammate was on the brink of an injury. Good that he had recovered before the end of the first half...

    Our team trailed by five points at the end of the second quarter. And I always give the referee my tiger look. But I can only do so much. Referees are really in control of any basketball game. They can decide which team to emerge as the winner. As I looked at the referee who handed me three fouls which are not, I remember something. He was the referee of a game I played sometime in September where we ridiculed him because of his calls.

    My blood boiled when I realized he was trying to get even with me. I stared at him everytime he came near our bench. I haven't got this feeling in my entire basketball life. It's only this time that I encounter a basketball referee like this...

    The entire third quarter made my seat warm. I was so frustrated I blew a gulpful of water to the court when the same referee again made some erroneous calls on my teammate. I can understand the effort made by referees when they try to get a right call but this is too obvious. Our bench started to get hot. Calls made by the same referee seem to point against us.

    It was in the fourth quarter that I was again fielded. I tried not to commit any unnecessary movements so as not to provoke the referee. In the early part, there were times when I thought I can outjump or block a shot but I can't seem to get myself going.

    I pushed myself to focus on scoring and rebounding so I can get myself into a groove. I started to pluck some rebounds and moved to position a score but I can't shoot the ball. I can't even get it past the rim... I was so angry with myself I just blurted out a laugh.

    In the middle of the fourth quarter I got my goodbye foul. I was just standing there raising my hand and an opponent just barged into my body. It was NOT a foul. If it was a foul, it should have been the other guy. But the referee again made his decision. I haD five fouls, three rebounds and nothing else.

    Life is really made up of ups and downs.

    I know it will be hard for me to sleep tonight so I'll indulge myself into blogging...

    MAybe until the wee hours of the morning...

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home