website statistics

My MAGIC Video Links

Links of the Week

  • WEEKLY HORRORSCOPE
  • WEEKLY MANGA
  • The Best Filipino Magicians

    Search For Other Great Magicians Here

    Google
  • Mga of the Week : August 10, 2010
  • Vocabulary :
  • subterfuge - something intended to misrepresent the true nature of an activity.
  • Quote :
  • Some people never grow old enough to be mature.
  • Sunday, May 14, 2006

    Birthday Boy - Junjun

    Today, the fourteenth day of May, is the birthday of a beloved brother. He is no other than Bassanio D. Navarro, Jr. or Junjun for short. He is the second of the three siblings of Bassanio Sr.

    As I know him, he is almost as shy as the grass (or flower) called makahiya. When we were still kids, he seldom got out of his room. Until I left for Davao, his attitude is always a very silent one.

    Being the eldest and Jun, the kid next to me, we had a variety of quarrels before, from petty ones to a boxing match. He is a very intelligent guy and has always reasons for his actions. We have had debates over things because we don't usually agree on things. Call it perception, we have so many things perceived differently.

    After his graduation in Silliman University, he is a Certified Public Accountant, he reviewed in Manila and has since consider the big city his second home. He had changed so much since then. He is now a very vocal one, had so many friends and is a good blogger. You should see his www.accountingtopbestschool.blogspot.com to attest this truth. It was he who rekindled my interest in blogging. I had started way ahead of him but stopped. But then when enthusiastically, he told me that he is into it, I said to myself, well Jun doesn't know that much about computers and programming and he is eagerly into it, I might as well get back to my own. Thank you Bro.

    Presently, we seldom see each other due to the fact that he is in Manila and I'm in Davao. We met every Christmas when we all, including our youngest, Rex, go home for a family get-together. But we text each other oftentimes.

    There is one quarrel that we had that I cannot forget. I gave him a right straight which had him black-eyed for almost a week. Though I had my reasons for doing so, I really regretted the incident that I secretly cried at he back of our house. I hope he consider that as part of our growing up. If not, well, I'm very sorry for that Bro, sincerely.

    He is celebrating his birthday today with two cousins, Joymyrn and Sucsuc.

    He is as old as he is and I hope he enjoys his life to the fullest. One passage that I can't forget which came from him is "Anything that is happening is the best thing that can happen to our lives". Even if we consider it a very bad one. He is that optimistic. I hope he remains so.

    Happy Birthday Jun!!!

    3 Comments:

    At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Bro, if you meant jo2x and suc2x being cousins then it's fine... but if you're saying they are being Junjun's cousins, then you are mistaken... They are his nieces to the 2nd degree... :)

     
    At 11:53 PM, Blogger Bas Navarro said...

    Yeah, u r correct technically. Still, I would prefer being a "cousin" than an "uncle," hehehe. Obviously, I haven't gotten over the generation gap thingy...

     
    At 10:45 AM, Blogger The STRUGGLE between REALITY and what is SEEN. said...

    Jojo and Sucsuc are the cousins...

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home