website statistics

My MAGIC Video Links

Links of the Week

  • WEEKLY HORRORSCOPE
  • WEEKLY MANGA
  • The Best Filipino Magicians

    Search For Other Great Magicians Here

    Google
  • Mga of the Week : August 10, 2010
  • Vocabulary :
  • subterfuge - something intended to misrepresent the true nature of an activity.
  • Quote :
  • Some people never grow old enough to be mature.
  • Sunday, May 14, 2006

    Gamao Fiesta

    The fiesta celebration of Gamao Subd., Panabo City, falls on the feast of St. Joseph, the Worker, every 1st of May. It is usually a holiday, Labor Day it is. Expectedly, every fiesta boasts of hundreds of fiesta going Filipinos, it being a holiday.

    This year it falls on a Monday so Sunday is the 'bisperas'. I had a boar about 80 kg ordered from a remote barrio delivered on Saturday on-board an Isuzu Canter. The pig arrived at about two PM and was taken to a shade inside my premises. That Saturday was also the date of the Battle of the Bands in Gamao as part of the fiesta celebration.

    At about 8 PM, I went to the basketball court where the battle of the band was held. There were so many people watching the event, mostly teen-agers. There were fifteen groups who were vying for the top prize. I entered the venue by paying P20.00 and watched the show. The bands were mostly amateur so one cannot expect good performance except for a very few seasoned bands. There was also Rasta Republica, a reggae group from Gamao subd., who were there as guests. Their rendition of Maling Akala and Binibini caught the attention of the group.

    When the tenth group was called, Arturo, my brother-in-law approached me and said, "Ya, namatay ang baboy". I was shocked and immediately got out of the venue and proceeded home.

    I checked and double-checked the situation of the boar but, yes, it is already dead. There was nothing we could do but butcher the dead pig. I called my other brother-in-law but to no avail. I had to drove to Argie's (my sister-in-law) house and got Darien (her husband) to help us out. Only three of us started the fire to get the water boiling. There was none of us who really knew how to do the thing. We started scrapping the hair and all when, Yokyok, a neighbor, offered to help. Apparently he knew how to do the pig.

    We started our ordeal at about 12:30 AM, Sunday and got finished at 4:00 AM. I went to the market to buy ice to preserve the meat. I fall asleep at 6:00 AM. At 8:00 AM, I marinated the meat as advised by Mama Indayon and proceeded to cut the meat according to use. It was a very tiring job!

    The pig apparently was just drop from the top of the Canter and was all bruises and thus eventually died.

    When my butcher, Edgar, arrived, he saw nothing to grab anymore and we just laughed it off.
    The fiesta came and go and it was all okay except that it took me two nights to have no or only a little sleep at all.

    Visitors started arriving at 11:00 AM until 8:00 PM. I immediatly slept at 9:00 PM to cope up for lost sleep. It was a fiesta I can never forget.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home